Remember, we're a confidential service.

How to cover your tracks for viewing this site.

Call or text for free on 116000

What you need to know about "Moving drugs around"

We hope what you see here helps. If you are feeling like running away or are away from home, we are here to listen.
Call or Text 116 000 or email For free and in confidence.
For info about 1-2-1 chat times or to chat live, click the pink chat button below.

Moving drugs around

Sometimes, young people are asked to carry drugs around for dealers and gangs, sometimes within a local area and sometimes to other towns or cities.

Young people are often asked to do this because they look young and the police might not stop them. Dealers also know that if the young person does get caught, they’re the ones who’ll get the criminal conviction not the dealer.

If you get caught with drugs, the police may charge you with possessing an illegal substance, whether it is yours or not.

You should never be put under pressure to do this or feel that to fit in you have to carry anything or do anything illegal.

If you have been doing this or are worried you have, it’s not too late to ask for help.

  • Away from home or care?
  • Caught up in a gang or going country?
  • Are you a family member or carer worried about your loved one being involved with a gang?

SafeCall is a confidential service from Runaway Helpline open Monday-Friday 9am – 5pm. SafeCall will give you a non-judgemental, safe space to talk about their experiences in confidence.

Moving drugs around
Are you thinking of running away because you have been affected by involvement with gangs or crime?
Get in touch with us
Share this article

who else can help?