How to cover your tracks for viewing this site.

Remember, we're a confidential service.

We're here for one reason only:
to listen to you and offer you support.

There are family problems

We hope what you see here helps.  If you are feeling like running away or are away from home, we are here to listen.

Call or Text 116 000. Free, confidential, 24/7.

It’s normal for families to argue or have problems from time to time. Even happy families can go through hard times. Parents often have a lot on their mind, including stresses and worries you might not know about. This can sometimes end up causing arguments between them. You might think they’re arguing because of you, but it’s important to remember it isn’t your fault. You might think they’re breaking up, but they might not be. You might be arguing with someone else in your family, like a brother or sister, or you might have a new step parent and step brothers and sisters you’re not getting on with.

Talking about family problems with us, or someone else can help put things into perspective and make things feel better.

You should always feel safe and secure with your family. For some people this isn’t the case and a member of their family might abuse or threaten to abuse them in some way. It might be hard to work out if someone is abusing you, especially if it has been going on for a long time. Remember that no one, not even your family, has the right to hurt you, physically or emotionally, or make you do things that feel wrong.

If you do not feel safe at home with your family it’s important that you speak to an adult you trust, another family member, a teacher, a care worker or a social worker. Running away and living on the streets is dangerous too. It’s very important you stay safe, no matter what you decide to do.

Share this article