Remember, we're a confidential service.

How to cover your tracks for viewing this site.

Call or text for free on 116000

Something has been happening that I can’t talk about

We hope what you see here helps.  If you are feeling like running away or are away from home, we are here to listen.

Call or Text 116 000. For free and in confidence.

If something has been happening before you run away or while you are away, it can be very hard to know what to do.

The most important thing is that you are safe and you feel you are in control of what you want to do.

If you have been abused, hurt,tricked, lied to, bullied or threatened, this shouldn’t have happened to you. You have the right to feel safe and to be happy without people hurting you.

If you have been involved in something in which you have hurt someone, committed  a crime or done something you wished you hadn’t, it isn’t too late to talk it through and decide what you want to do next. Not being able to talk to someone when you have a problem or a difficult secret can be really hard and feel lonely. Runaway Helpline is here to listen to you. We won’t judge and because we don’t know who you are when you contact us, you can feel free to be honest and talk things through if you want to.

We know it can take a long time for some people to feel ready to talk. We are here, whenever you are ready.

We can also help you to Say Something if you want to let the police know about what has been going on to you or someone else. We can pass information for you without knowing your name, so you can stay anonymous if you want. This would help if you don’t want to get in trouble, or you don’t want other people to find out that you told someone.

Are you thinking of running away because you have been affected by Something has been happening that I can’t talk about?
Get in touch with us
Share this article

who else can help?

It looks like you’re accessing this website from outside the United Kingdom.

The Runaway Helpline can only provide services to children and young people within the United Kingdom, and information and advice on this site relates to the UK only.

I understand