Remember, we're a confidential service.

How to cover your tracks for viewing this site.

Call or text for free on 116000

Nothing has changed since I came back

We hope what you see here helps.  If you are feeling like running away or are away from home, we are here to listen.

Call or Text 116 000. For free and in confidence.

Problems that don’t get better can make you feel stuck. Maybe you need someone to be nicer to you, or maybe you want to be listened to by someone and that isn’t happening. It’s ok to feel upset or angry about this.

Have a think about if you have asked for things to change, does anyone know that you want it to be different? It can be hard to tell someone that you want them to be different, and it might help to talk it through with someone before you make the approach so the words are clear in your head.

Telling someone what you need and want is ok, and thinking about how you tell them is important. Have a think about how the person will respond best – would it be through talking or writing? When you tell them how you feel, try as hard as you can to stick to the facts about what you want and why. If you cannot tell them yourself, is there someone else who could help by talking to that person?

Sometimes things you don’t like will never change because they are beyond your control. This might be the place you are living or the class you are in at school. This can feel horrible and often people feel like they have no power. You still have options and choices which you could think through, like how you respond to the problem or how you make smaller changes. Talk it through with someone you trust and be honest about how you feel and what you want.

Are you thinking of running away because you have been affected by Nothing has changed since I came back?
Get in touch with us
Share this article

who else can help?

It looks like you’re accessing this website from outside the United Kingdom.

The Runaway Helpline can only provide services to children and young people within the United Kingdom, and information and advice on this site relates to the UK only.

I understand