Remember, we're a confidential service.

How to cover your tracks for viewing this site.

Call or text for free on 116000

We're here for one reason only:
to listen to you and offer you support.

No one at home cares

We hope what you see here helps.  If you are feeling like running away or are away from home, we are here to listen.

Call or Text 116 000. Free, confidential, 24/7.

At one time or another most of us have done that long walk up the stairs to our room after an argument or when we’ve tried to talk with someone we have found they’ve just not listened.

It can be easy to say that at some time or another parents, carers, family members or friends all have their own problems, but when you’ve tried to them talk about what is affecting you and no one seems to care, it’s a hard place to be in.

Feeling this way when you already have things you want to talk about can make those issues feel worse and lead to a feeling of loneliness. This just makes things a whole lot worse.

It may be a good idea to seek outside help from specialised websites or helplines with your original problem first. If it’s school, issues with your friends, bullying, drugs or alcohol, money or concerns about something online, then getting advice can help ease that feeling that nobody cares.

We know it sounds quite simple, but sometimes the best solutions are just that. Being in a better frame of mind about what was worrying you can help with the next step, which is talking about the situation at home. It might be good to visit the Childline site, for example, which has a message board service where you could put up your concerns and get replies from others who have gone through or are going through a similar thing.

We know it can be easier said than done, but try not to bottle everything up and think no one cares. There is help and advice out there and by being here on this website you have made a good start.

Share this article

who else can help?

It looks like you’re accessing this website from outside the United Kingdom.

The Runaway Helpline can only provide services to children and young people within the United Kingdom, and information and advice on this site relates to the UK only.

I understand