Remember, we're a confidential service.

How to cover your tracks for viewing this site.

Call or text for free on 116000

I haven’t got any money or food

We hope what you see here helps.  If you are feeling like running away or are away from home, we are here to listen.

Call or Text 116 000. For free and in confidence.

Having nothing to eat and no money to buy it with can make you feel quite desperate and willing to accept help from anyone who offers it to you. Most people genuinely want to help but it’s important to know that not everyone out there wants what’s best for you, and it’s important for you to stay safe. There may be somewhere like a local project in your area where you could go for food and support. Runaway Helpline can find that out for you. If you’re under 18 and away from home, social services has a duty to you to make sure that you are being cared for, and that includes having enough to eat and not going hungry.

If you are over 18 you may be entitled to benefits or an emergency payment from social services and Runaway Helpline can help you to talk to someone there about what your rights are and what you are entitled to. There may be somewhere local that can provide you with food in an emergency (like a soup kitchen or homeless shelter). What Runaway Helpline can’t do, though, is give you money to buy food.

There can be lots of reasons why you find yourself hungry and alone.  It may feel difficult to talk about why it’s happened. At Runaway Helpline we will never judge you. It doesn’t matter why you are in the position you are in – what matters is making sure you are somewhere safe, where you have enough to eat. You don’t deserve to go hungry.

Are you thinking of running away because you have been affected by I haven’t got any money or food?
Get in touch with us
Share this article

who else can help?

It looks like you’re accessing this website from outside the United Kingdom.

The Runaway Helpline can only provide services to children and young people within the United Kingdom, and information and advice on this site relates to the UK only.

I understand