Call or text for free on 116000

Asylum seeking, unaccompanied minors and refugees

We hope what you see here helps. If you are feeling like running away or are away from home, we are here to listen.

Call or Text 116 000. Free, confidential, 24/7.

If you come from a country where you are not safe because of war or persecution, you can claim Asylum in another country.  In the UK, you become an Asylum Seeker when you have made a claim and are waiting to find out if you can stay.

A Refugee is a person who has been granted leave to stay for some time in the UK because their home country isn’t safe for them.

If you are under 18, have come to the UK, and you are alone without your family, there is help available to you, as you are an Unaccompanied Minor. You have legal rights and Social Services must make sure you are looked after as a Child in Need.

It is important that you are safe, have food and money, somewhere to live, and some adult help. There are organisations that can help you to claim and websites to look at to understand more.

You may also have been trafficked into the country which means you were brought here and forced to work or do something you don’t want to do. If you have been trafficked here, there is help for you. You should be seen as a victim of crime and given support and help to be safe. You can get support to claim asylum if it is not safe to go home or given help to go home if you want to return.

You should be able to have the life you want and you have rights to be free, safe and happy. If you need to talk to someone in confidence about what is happening to you, please contact us.

Spotting the signs
Exit mobile version