Remember, we're a confidential service.

How to cover your tracks for viewing this site.

Call or text for free on 116000

What you need to know about "Feeling worried or anxious"

We hope what you see here helps. If you are feeling like running away or are away from home, we are here to listen.
Call or Text 116 000 or email For free and in confidence.
For info about 1-2-1 chat times or to chat live, click the pink chat button below.

Feeling worried or anxious

Feeling worried or anxious means that you have feelings of being worried about something. It might be that something going on in your life is on your mind a lot and making you feel stressed.

When you are worried about something it can be very difficult to focus on other things or think about your problem in a way that isn’t going to make you even more worried. It may be that these feelings start to feel like too much for you to deal with and you feel the need to get away from everything to try and figure out your thoughts and feelings, or like you just simply can’t be around to handle whatever it is that’s worrying you.

If your worries are weighing on you like this, it might help to talk to someone about what’s on your mind. Sometimes saying things out loud to people and being asked questions about what we are thinking can help us see a situation in a different way. Talking things through may help you work out a solution.

If talking to someone you know about your problem isn’t an option for whatever reason, you could reach out to a confidential helpline or online messaging boards that are set up by charities and organisations.

Feeling worried or anxious

Videos about feeling worried or anxious

Sophia Thakur
Adriana Braje
Are you thinking of running away because you have been affected by Feeling worried or anxious?
Get in touch with us
Share this article

who else can help?

It looks like you’re accessing this website from outside the United Kingdom.

The Runaway Helpline can only provide services to children and young people within the United Kingdom, and information and advice on this site relates to the UK only.

I understand